If you want to improve or increase typing speed skills, then apart from practicing a lot, we do have some essentials steps to achieve it. To me, this is one of the best practices for Time Management. It will help you to become more productive, and you can save hell lot of time. I picked up nine simple tips to increase and improve your typing speed.Touch typing is all about the idea that each finger has its own area on the keyboard. Thanks to that fact you can type without looking at the keys. Practice regularly and your fingers will learn their location on the keyboard through muscle memory.
Here are some of the best online resources you ought to check out for improving your typing speed and accuracy.
- QWERTY Warriors – A typing game to improve your typing speed and accuracy by demolishing oncoming attacks by words!
- Sense-Lang Typing resources – The best resource for free typing tutorials, games, tests, certifications and much more.
- Typing Test – Check your typing speed and accuracy with this free complete typing test.
- Typing.com – Another free typing resource to work on your typing right from a beginner to advanced level.
All credits goes to teststeststests.com
How to improve your typing speed ?
1. Technique Matters:
Touch typing is 80% technique, 10% accuracy and 10% speed. People who are masters at touch typing will tell you that without proper hand position and typing technique, you’ll only be able to type so fast.Think about it, there is no way that the person using the hunt and peck method will ever be as fast as someone who uses proper technique on a QWERTY keyboard. Using the proper technique will make learning to type much easier and open a world of opportunities when it comes to increasing typing speed.
2. Errors are Opportunities for Improvement:
When you first start learning to touch type, you’re going to make some errors. In fact you might make a lot of them. Your success really depends on how you view making those mistakes do you see them as a failure or as an opportunity to improve? People who see their mistakes as an opportunity to improve generally learn faster than people who don’t. Your mindset plays a big part in how quickly you learn and how much information you are able to take in.
3. Repetition Never Gets Boring:
Touch typing is all about muscle memory, which means that your muscles will need some time to adjust to the new techniques that you are learning. The best and quickest way to do this is through repetition. By doing the same exercise over and over you will be able to ingrain those movements into your muscle memory. If you are using an online typing tutor, set a high standard for yourself. Make a decision to master a technique 100% before moving on to the next lesson.
This may seem more time consuming upfront but, if you do this the subsequent lessons will be easier since they are built upon the techniques taught in the previous lessons.
4. Good Posture Can Work Wonders:
Posture is one of the most overlooked factors when it comes to learning to type quickly. Poor posture not only takes a toll on your muscles, but can affect your energy levels and accuracy as well.Good posture while typing will keep up your energy levels and also allow your fingers to rest in the correct position. Keeping correct posture allows you to type faster, more accurately and will help prevent injury. The correct posture to have while typing is relaxed with feet squarely on the floor and wrists level with the keyboard.
5. Don’t Look at the Keyboard:
Another great trick to help you increase your typing speed in a short period of time is to avoid looking at the keyboard. Initially, this may result in more mistakes, but you will learn the positions of the keys at a much higher rate without using the keyboard as a crutch.
Because it can be tempting to simply look down at the keyboard, try covering the keyboard and your hands with a piece of paper while you type. Or, if you really want to challenge your self, Das Keyboard Ultimate is a keyboard with blank keys that will literally force you to learn the keys via motor-skills.
6. Practice, Practice, Practice…
Finally, the best way to increase your typing speed is through good old practice. While practice isn’t necessarily a shortcut and requires dedicated effort, it really is the best way to see results. Even if you practice your typing skills for 30 minutes each day for a month, you will see an improvement that can make all the difference in helping you land your dream job.
All credits goes to techlasers.com .
Five Tools To Improve Your Typing Speed :
- RapidTyping – Improve your typing by learning the right hand position and training specific groups of letters. The program then lets you use custom texts for advanced typing training, and keeps detailed statistics about your performance and improvement. There’s also a portable version of RapidTyping.
- GS Typing Tutor – Great typing tutor for beginners and advanced users. Learn to type from scratch with basic two-finger lessons, or acquire professional touch typing speed and skills with the program’s lessons and games. GS Typong Tutor keeps stats of your progress and focuses on practicing your most problematic letters.
- Bruce’s Unusual Typing Wizard – Learn to type and improve your speed and accuracy with this simple, efficient tool. It support multiple users and customizable practicing tests, includes a bunch of lessons with different difficulty levels and keeps statistics of your improvement.
- MaxType Typing Tutor – An advanced tutor to improve your typing speed. You can use any TXT file as training test, compete against a computer controlled opponent in a speed test and record your own typing in order to keep track of your performance. The program measures up to 20 parameters of your typing.
- Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor – This tool helps you improve your speed and accuracy when typing. It includes lessons that become increasingly difficult as you make progress through them, from practicing two letters to writing full texts. Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor has support for many different keyboard layouts and languages.
Top 10 Best Free Typing software:
1). Keyblaze :
2). Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor :
3). Typing Trainer :
4). Rapid Typing Tutor:
5). Bruce’s Unusual Typing Wizard :
6). Stamina Typing Tutor :
7). Letter Chase Typing Tutor :
8). Bodie’s Typing Tutor :
9). Kiran’s Typing Tutor :
10). GNU Typist :
You May Also Like: