Google Cloud Platform, offered by Google, is a suite of cloud computing services that runs on the same infrastructure that Google uses internally for its end user products, such as Google Search and YouTube. Alongside a set of management tools, it provides a series of modular cloud services including computing, data storage, data analytics and machine learning. In cloud computing, the capital investment in building and maintaining data centers is replaced by consuming IT resources as an elastic, utility like service from a cloud “provider” (including storage, computing, networking, data processing and analytics, application development, machine learning, and even fully managed services).Whereas in the past cloud computing was considered the province of startups and aggressively visionary enterprise users, today, it is part of the enterprise computing mainstream across every industry, for organizations of any type and size.
benefits of cloud computing :
Cloud computing has made a profound impact on innovation and the economics of business overall. It gives forward-looking organizations the opportunity to not only improve flexibility, reduce costs, and focus on core competencies, but also to fully transform how they operate . For example, by redesigning internal workflows or customer interactions as digital experiences that extend from the data center all the way through to mobile devices.
Specifically, the business advantages of cloud computing include:
- Resources can be purchased and consumed on a “pay as you go” basis, and increased or decreased as needed for optimal utilization.
- Capital expenses can be converted into operating expenses.
- Cloud customers can focus on rapid innovation without the expense and complexities of hardware procurement and infrastructure management.
- End user productivity is likely enhanced because no software is installed, configured, or upgraded on personal devices, and services can be accessed from anywhere.
- Infrastructure functionality, performance, reliability, and security are likely to improve because customers can benefit from “vertically integrated” stacks that are customized at every level which would be out of reach for on-premise deployments built from off-the-shelf components.
Cloud Platform gives you options for computing and hosting. You can choose to work with a managed application platform, leverage container technologies to gain lots of flexibility, or build your own cloud based infrastructure to have the most control and flexibility.
You May Also Like: